Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Hi Support. I need technical help with Access 2007. I am

Hi Support. I need technical help with Access 2007.

I am trying to print waybills on a DOT MATRIX OKI 5720 Printer - emulation ML - using FORMS in ACCESS 2007 and it keeps printing a form feed even though I have deactivated the form feed on the printer and set up the page to 9.5"x8" (as I cannot find the custom size - actual size is 8" x 8"). Have changed the column, margins and print options. Not sure if I am missing something else to stop the form feed.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

When you say Form Feed, do you mean it is printing all records out as a continuous form?

And you just want it to print out the current record?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

That is correct. No matter what I set up it still prints one record then one empty page then the next record and another empty page. It does this on the print preview as well. (obviously same printer selected)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, not 100% clear

I will put it this way

you want it to only print one page and thats it? The current record?

Or you want it to print all records, but no have the blank page in between?

Sorry, I need to be clear in order to help you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want to print all records without a blank page inbetween

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

Can I look at the Access file please Wendy?

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will do this now...it is on another machine...

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello - I am nearly there - we had a power failure and had to reboot

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

• File ID: 252486

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the problem was you need to use a report to print, not from the form.

I have created the report for you, and added a print button on the form.

Use this button to print.

You can download the file under ID 273428

Do this and test and let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

...sorry we are having power problems so am battling to get it downloaded to test.....I will come back shortly

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its ok, just let me know when you have tested please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard, I need to copy it across to the other machine to test properly but cannot find the new file in my 'downloads'...am I looking in the wrong place...sorry to ask a silly question

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ITs ok, if you downloaded it, it will be in the downloads folder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

...I found it...thanks.... going to copy across - back shortly...Embarassed

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IT WORKS!!!! Thank you so very much!! I am quite annoyed as I wanted to do it on reports and was told to do it on forms.... Many thanks - you have made my day (and I will sleep tonight)...

Take Care.Laughing

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome!

It just needed a report to be made, which I did for you.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues