Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

Hello Richard, I am back, working on this project. I am creating

Hello Richard, I am back, working on this project. I am creating an Excel 2007 workbook, that contains macros, for opening specific file folders, that are saved on our server. Since I created the workbook on my desktop, it appears that all the macros are saved on my desktop, as well. I am trying to create the workbook, so other sales staff can use the same template, that they would access from the server, and the macros would work, as well, without having to create the templates on each of the desktops? Is that clear? Do I need to create these templates on the server, instead of my local desktop? Would that allow each of my sales staff to open the template, and the macros would work, without loading each of the macros on each of the desktops?

I'm Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Rachel

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be providing an answer to your question today.

It looks like your requested Expert is not online, so I wanted to offer you some assistance. Please try saving the workbook as a macro-enabled workbook. This should save the macros in the document. Do do that, follow these steps:

Follow these steps to save a macro-enabled workbook:

1. Click the Office button and then click Save As.

The Save As dialog box appears.

2. Enter a name and select a location for your workbook.

3. Click the Save as Type drop-down arrow.

A list of file types appears.

4. Select Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook (*.xlsm).

Excel adds the .xlsm extension to the filename.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if this doesn't resolve the problem. Either I or your requested Expert will continue helping.

SQ10

Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience: 25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
Hi There,

Did you get the information you needed?

If not, please let me know

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard,

That information worked, thanks