Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that had a failed hard-drive

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that had a failed hard-drive this week with Home, Office Student software in it since I bought it; had a new hard-drive installed and it's working again. Do I have to buy the software all over again, I need Word/Excel/Powerpoint for it.

Hello Joe! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Do you still have the Microsoft Office Home & Student license / product key?

Can you please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have Windows 7 now installed in new drive; can't find product key, bought computer 4 yrs ago!

Sorry about that. Can you go to the above website in Internet Explorer (or the big 'e' program icon), not Firefox, or Chrome, etc.?

Or go to the shorter website below in Internet Explorer:

Put the above website in the address bar on the top in Internet Explorer, then press the Enter key:

, and allow it to run, and try any other option it gives you as needed.

Then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've tried to get on ur just answer group and it won't work!!

Sorry about that. Let me help you another way. You can buy the old office version, i.e., 2010, 2007, etc., from Amazon or Ebay, etc., but Microsoft has the new Office 2013 / 365 version:

However, either way, you would have to buy it. Now, would you like me to provide you an alternate free, similar Office program you can try out, and see if you like it (if you like it, then you do not have to buy Microsoft Office)?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it contains similar programs: Writer for Word, Calc for Excel, and Impress for Powerpoint, and more. Please try out the Open Office, and check:

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went to the openoffice website and downloaded but don't see the Writer, Calc and Presentation versions of Word, Excel and Powerpoint you noted before??

Sorry, after it's downloaded, did you open it to install?

Thank you