The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

I have a spreadsheet that has a page .

I have a spreadsheet that has a page for everyday of the month. I have a formula that brings an ending number from the previous day to the current sheet. my problem is when we are closed and no numbers are entered for two or three days. I need the formula to skip the previous day if that cell is blank and keep skipping until that cell is populated. we should never be gone more than 3 days so it could stop after 3 days. this is what I currently have in the cell =IF(ISBLANK('4'!C31),IF(ISBLANK('3'!C31),('2'!C31))) i don't want it to be TRUE or FALSE, I want it to bring the last number forward.  I have version 07 Excel

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

The-PC-Guy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

The-PC-Guy :

can you send me an example of your workbook

The-PC-Guy :

and I can make it work for you

Customer:

sure, you don't have to do anything on sheet one. the problem is under the section of the spreadsheet "Totalizer"

The-PC-Guy :

okay

The-PC-Guy :

please send worksheet and Ill take a look

Customer:

the "Beginning" number should be the Ending number from the previous day, skipping blanks

The-PC-Guy :

is that B9 - B12 cells

The-PC-Guy :

inotherwords B9 should be previous days B12?

The-PC-Guy :

did you see my last question?

Customer:

no on sheet 2 for instance, D30 should be C30 on sheet 1

The-PC-Guy :

ok

Customer:

on later sheets, if the ending number is XXXXX I want it to go to the next previous sheet to find the number up to 3 days

The-PC-Guy :

gotya

The-PC-Guy :

if I give you sheet 5 as an example of how its done you can apply it to all of your other sheets following the same pattern

The-PC-Guy :

infact I can do it sheets 2 thru 5

The-PC-Guy :

then you can use the formula in 5

The-PC-Guy :

as an example to do 6 through the rest

Customer:

yep I can do that!

The-PC-Guy :

ok uploading now

The-PC-Guy :

let me know if you have any problems applying the formula to the rest of your sheets

Otherwise

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY SERVICE, SO THAT I AM REIMBURSED FOR MY TIME

YOU MAY DO SO WITH THE SIMLEYS DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH THIS CHAT

Customer:

ok, let me give it a quick try. i'm clicking "download" on the link and nothing is happening

The-PC-Guy :

click the link

The-PC-Guy :

then click the blue download link at that site

The-PC-Guy :

alternative incase the first link didnt work

Customer:

anyway you can attach to an email and send to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX ??

The-PC-Guy :

they dont let us email

The-PC-Guy :

try the 2nd link i gave

Customer:

I got it that time, but something still isn't quite right. I made the ending number on sheet 4 C30 zero and it should look to sheet 3 for the next number which would be 4 C30 in

The-PC-Guy :

+ok

The-PC-Guy :

we are only looking for blanks

The-PC-Guy :

not zero values

The-PC-Guy :

do we need to check for zeros as well

Customer:

no, I can make sure they leave them blank, sorry I thought excel considered blanks as zero values and vise versa I think this will work

The-PC-Guy :

ok

The-PC-Guy :

excel condisers blank and zero 2 distinct values

The-PC-Guy :

Customer:

ok thanks for your help

The-PC-Guy :

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a good day

The-PC-Guy :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support