Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have created several pie charts. I am trying to link the

I have created several pie charts. I am trying to link the pie chart so that if I click on the portion of the chart, it links you back to the data on a seperate worksheet. How can I do this?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

You will need to do a work around for this.

Insert a Text Box onto the place on the Pie Chart you want a link

Then right click in the Text Box and choose to insert a Hyperlink.

When making the Hyperlink, choose on the left "Place in Document"

you can then tell it which Sheet and Cell the Hyperlink Links to.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,

thanks for your expertise. I am not quite able to successfully place a text box (esp since the area coverered by the pie chart is more pie shape rather than square.

Can I send you this file to take a look at?

Joe G.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Of course Joe

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Richard!

The file ID is 229694

Key areas to report from is the “disposition” (actual status counts) according to the level of priority.

Most critical, the High and Medium breakout or summary.

The spreadsheet is the direction I was hoping to head in… the dashboard really depicts what I’m trying to gather, however I’ve had to manually plug the data in manually. If you have a better way or something prettier I’m all for it. I do have a master spreasheet that has the bible of facts, I just need to merge that data in.

As mentioned, I’d love to understand how to set up some sort of linkage on the dashboard for reporting and have it link to the data.

I’m going bald pulling my hair out on it J.

I will be managing this data as it comes in and I begin to track this project.

The Site Id’s are not critical information, its rally about the counts and the disposition statuses.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Joe

Download File ID 271910 from www.wikisend.com

Have a look at the green part on 161 vulnerabilities.

you see a box there, click it and thats the hyperlink.

I made it to Cell A1 on another sheet, but you can make it whereever you wish.

Using my previous instructions, try to make another one and Let me know the results please

Thank you

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues