John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ Yrs field experience with Microsoft software...

My Macbook crashed and then rebooted its self and lost my paper

My Macbook crashed and then rebooted its self and lost my paper in word and didn't save is there any why to get my paper back by 12:00 help please Thank you
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John T. F. replied 9 months ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Had this paper not been saved at all?

Also what version of Word?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

just have of the paper was saved

Ok and what version if Word, please?

Can you tell me what version of OS X you are currently running?

Click the Apple Logo in the menubar at the top of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

10.8.5

Ok. I'm going to assume you have Word 2011.

Chances are if the document has never been saved or not saved recently then you may have trouble finding it but, follow the below instructions and see if you can locate a temporary cache of the document;

1) First, if you've restarted since losing the file, look in your trash for a "Recovered items" folder. if not...

2) Microsoft Office has an Autorecovery function that saves some files when, for example, there's a power loss. These files are located in the home folder, in the Library

Press and hold the OPTION key on your keyboard while clicking "Go" in the Finder menu bar at the top of the screen

Select Library. If you don't see Library, choose “Home” from the menu and then open the Library folder directly.

In Library, open a folder called Application Support.

Open Microsoft.

Open Office.

In that folder are a number of folders, one of which may be Office 2011 AutoRecovery if files are available. Click that, and any files saved by the autorecovery function will be displayed.

3) If the above doesn't work, next, Go to the Finder

select Go in the menu bar and click "Go to Folder..."

type /private/var/folders

and click the Go button.

Look for files or folders named "Word Work File" inside a "Temporary items" folder.

You should option-drag files or folders to the Desktop (or anywhere else) before dropping them on Word's icon. Don't delete anything!

If your file is still cached on the drive somewhere then that is the most likely place, however the cache files do not exist for long.

Recovery of unsaved files is slim so if the above does not turn up a copy of your file, then please don't shoot the messenger. :-)

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience: 20+ Yrs field experience with Microsoft software...
Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know. If you are positively satisfied but have not yet rated, please do so. Excellent ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,