The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support

Using Excel 2010, I open a workbook that Ive been using for

Using Excel 2010, I open a workbook that I've been using for months. Today I cannot view any of the data; below the headers I see only 'D53' and 'SUM(D50:D52). The file extension is .xlsx and the setting is Options/Save/in format Excel Workbook.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 6 months ago.

The-PC-Guy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

The-PC-Guy :

Try opening the workbook

The-PC-Guy :

then pressing

The-PC-Guy :

"Ctrl" and "~"

The-PC-Guy :

on your keyboard at the same time

The-PC-Guy :

let me know if this fixes it for you

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Try opening the workbook

then pressing

"Ctrl" and "~"

on your keyboard at the same time

let me know if this fixes it for you

If this does not fix it, then you have a cell formatting issue.

If you could upload the workbook to

www.wikisend.com

after uploading they will give you a download link and File ID #

paste that link or ID# XXXXX and ill fix the formatting for you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Dear PC-Guy....I don't know! This time when I opened the workbook to try your suggestion, it displayed perfectly. On the one hand, I'm delighted to be able to use it - on the other hand, I don't know why it didn't display earlier, why it displays now, and whether I've got one of those random situations that are so hard to nail. So I thank you, XXXXX XXXXX save your suggestion should it happen again, in which case I'll advise. (Can I find this thread again? Is there a problem number or something?) Sue

Sue.

I am glad it was working for you.

It may have just been one of those random things, 99% of the time restarting it does solve most problems.

The key combination I gave you

"Ctrl" and "~"

Toggles between displaying formulas in cells and displaying values.

To get back to here.

just bookmark the url of this question

http://www.justanswer.com/microsoft-office/81wit-using-excel-2010-open-workbook-i-ve-using.html

In any event, please remember to rate me. As this is the only way I get paid for my time.

To do so, use the smiley faces directly underneath this chat window.

Thanks
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support