ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.

how do I put a video into a powerpoint 2013 document. I only

how do I put a video into a powerpoint 2013 document. I only get facebook as the option not youtube. How do I add youtube as an option
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer!

For some reason, some users do not get the option to add a YouTube video within Powerpoint. If that's the case for you, what you're probably going to have to do is manually embed the video into the document.

So let's try something:

Go to the following YouTube tutorial and follow the steps to try to embed your video into the PPT presentation:

Please try that and let me know if it works for you or not. If it DOES work, please go ahead and rate the answer for me. If it DOES NOT work, please don't rate the answer yet. Instead, reply back to me via the "Reply to Expert" tab and let me know exactly what happened so that I can continue to work with you on this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi thanks for your input. It took a while but I finally managed to get a video clip in my presentation. I have also told it is better to save the link on another slide in case the video doesn't play or will that cost me more money. Thanks

Hi Trisha, glad you got it working! I know little problems like this can be quite frustrating.

As for saving the link in another slide, I have to say I've never heard. Once you have the video properly embedded it SHOULD play as long as you have an active Internet connection.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this. And you should see a ratings box, so please remember to rate the answer for me so that I receive credit for assisting you.