The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

Kilowatt hour to electric bill conversion

I want an excel formula created than can take a person kilowatt hours and convert it what their Edison electric bill would be based on their 4 tier system.

The formula needs to take the kWh value that I place in one row in one column and generate a dollar amount in the adjacent row as follows:

1) if the kWh amount is less than 400, the dollar value desired is amount multiplied by $0.13

2) if the kWh amount is more than 399 but less than 520, desired dollar value is the value of the first portion that is less than 400 is multiplied by $0.13, plus the value of the second portion that is more than 399 but less than 520 multiplied by $0.16

3) if the kWh amount is more than 519 but less than 799 -- desired value is the value of the first portion less than 400 is multipled by 0.13 added to value of the second portion greater than 399 but less than 520 multiplied by 0.16 added to the value of third portion greater than 519 but less than 799 multiplied by $0.27

4) if the kWh amount is more than 798 the desired value is the value of the first 3 portions calculated according to 3) above and added to the value of the fourth portion that is greater than 798 multiplied by $.31

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

The-PC-Guy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

The-PC-Guy :

I can create this formula for you

The-PC-Guy :

let me know when you are ready to continue

Customer:

I'm ready

The-PC-Guy :

greate

The-PC-Guy :

I am working it out now

The-PC-Guy :

almost done

The-PC-Guy :

I'm about to send you a file that contains the example

The-PC-Guy :

the formula refers to the value in Cell A1

The-PC-Guy :

but if you wish to refer to a diferent cell

The-PC-Guy :

you will have to change every occurance of A1 in the formula

The-PC-Guy :

and there are about 20 of them

The-PC-Guy :

to whatever cell you need

The-PC-Guy :

does this all make sense to you?

The-PC-Guy :

click the link

The-PC-Guy :

then click the download link

Customer:

yes

The-PC-Guy :

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY SERVICE AS THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I GET REMIBURSED FOR MY TIME

The-PC-Guy :

you can rate with the buttons under the chat window

The-PC-Guy :

and I am around if you have any problems

The-PC-Guy :

or need my help further

The-PC-Guy :

just come back here and chat if you need me

The-PC-Guy :

this works even after you rate

Customer:

What I checked out in the link is what I wanted. Thanks.

The-PC-Guy :

please try the rating again

The-PC-Guy :

thanks

The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support