sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

Hello - Im trying to figure out how to write text along a

Hello - I'm trying to figure out how to write text along a curve in Word 2010...like write text around the circumference of an photo cropped in a circle. I looked it up and blogs say to go use Word Art. I went to Word Art but there is no anchor that allows you to curve text...up down, left right, and rotate...but not curve. Any ideas if it can be done?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting your question, there is only one to curve the text and that is word art, you can follow the steps below to do that, but as this is a text editing application and not a designing application, like Photoshop or Coral Draw, you will not get the best result.

1. Open the Word document that you want to create the circular text in.

2. CLick on the “Insert” tab, then click on “Word Art”, and click on the style of text you are interested in.

3. A “Drawing Tools” tab will appear above the “Format” tab. Below the format tab, click on “Text Effects”. (The button for this is the letter, A with a blue glow around the edges).

4. CLick on “Transform” in the drop down menu, then click on the shape you want your text to follow. If you are not sure what shape you want, just point to each one, and your text will change to reflect that choice.

Please reply me back, if you have any further queries about this issue.

sudipto_dutta, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting