Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

Erik, hi Yesterday you explained how to freeze the column

Erik, hi
Yesterday you explained how to freeze the column headings in an Excel 2010 document. This works fine.

Is it possible to freeze, say, the first three lines to create a larger column heading? We can't see how to do this.

Many thanks.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Lindie

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with this issue.

If I understand you correctly, you want more room in your column heading to write..

Before you freeze the column heading, I suggest you expand the column heading to the size you want, and then freeze it.

here is how to expand the column headings.

1.Position the cursor over the row line so that the white cross becomes a double arrow
.
2.Click and drag the row downward to increase the row height
3.
Release the mouse. The height of each selected row will be changed in your worksheet

So if we do that on the column heading row.. And then freeze the first row / column headings as y ou did before.. It will now freeze the larger expanded row size.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I'll give it a go and feedback if there's a problem.

Your welcome, though I would ask that if there is a problem you send a message so we can work around the issue before leaving feedback!

And if this helps, please dont forget to return and submit a rating signifying that this helped.. ( our quality scores depend on the ratings we get! )

I will be online for the next 8 hours today, and then for 10 hours tommorow, so take your time and Ill be here if / when you need me .

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's fine, Dustin - many thanks.

Excellent.. Keep me posted on the results and status..

Dustin S.

( not trying to spam message you, but its company policy t hat I respond last in each conversation)