Hi Ben - thanks for the clarification.
OK sounds like we have the Ask toolbar and possibly some malware on the system. There are a couple of things you need to do here.
The first thing to do is remove the Ask.com software:
- Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the R key. This will open the Run window.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK. This will open the programs list.
- Look for the ASK Toolbar. If you see it, please highlight it and click Remove.
- Please note that you will need to close out of Internet for the removal process to complete. Please do so, then when complete come back to www.justanswer.com and click on My Questions to get back to these instructions.
After removing the toolbar, use the following instructions to download and run MBAM Antimalwarebytes. This program will scan your system and remove the remaining redirectors.
1. If you can get on the Internet from your computer, please download MBAM AntimalwareBytes from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/malwarebytes-anti-malware
2. Go thru the short installation wizard, accepting all the defaults.
3. At the end of the installation, make sure both checkboxes (one for updating and one for starting the program) are checked, but CLEAR the box for the Pro Trial.
4. The program will update and then start.
5. Choose Quick Scan and then click the Scan Now button.
6. The scan will take several minutes to complete.
7. When it is complete, click the Show Results button.
8. Make sure everything in the list is checked (it should be checked by default) and then click Fix Selected.
9. The threats will be removed from your computer.
10. Close the log file and reboot your computer.
When the computer comes back up, test Outlook/Hotmail and let me know if you still get redirected. I will be here. Thanks!