Brandon M.
Brandon M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an System Administrator for law firm

I bought and downloaded Microsoft Office in 2009 from Microsoft

I bought and downloaded Microsoft Office in 2009 from Microsoft UK. My old computer has given up so I have a new one. I want to redownload Office. I have no licence key as it is a download. How can I do it? Thanks, Ric
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 10 months ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

Brandon M. :

Were you provided a download link to download Microsoft Office? If so, do you still have that email?

Customer:

Hi Brandon, I would have but that computer is not working. I am trying to retrieve information from the hard disk. I presume the email is still there but from 2009 I may have sent it to the bin

Customer:

I have the invoice that I bought it and I printed out the email sent but it doesn't show a link on the print out. I presume that would be on the email and not the print out.

Customer:

Any help would be appreciated

Brandon M. :

Did you purchase it directly from the Microsoft UK store (online)?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

Office Professional 2007

Brandon M. :

Do you know the microsoft account you would've used for this purchase?

Customer:

I used my email and my normal password XXXXX it won't let me into the account. I don't think I used another password

Customer:

I thought that maybe since 2009 my account may have been canceller. It was my first purchase and i haven't bought anything else

Brandon M. :

Have you tried to reset your password? You can do that here:

http://account.live.com/password/reset

Customer:

No I haven't I could try that

Brandon M. :

Please do. If you are unable to reset that way, there is another method.

Customer:

Sorry, I did try that earlier but it says that the Microsoft account is incorrect

Customer:

I presume the account is what I used to enter the Store, it would not be a Windows live or skype account?

Brandon M. :

It would be your Windows Live account, if that is what you possibly used to purchase Office.

Customer:

then I will try that

Customer:

I've managed to open the account. Is there somewhere I should look now, account history?

Customer:

I checked out order history and it says the following: ...If you made a purchase before Sep 18, 2012, you may not be seeing your order history or product keys due to recent site changes. If you need to return a product, re-download your software, or access your product keys, please contact us and one of our agents will be happy to help.

Brandon M. :

Perfect - then you'll need to talk to their agents. They will be able to look up the order using your personal information. All you need is the key. I can provide you with a download link if they cannot.

Customer:

Ok Brandon, thanks very much for your help. I will try them and see what they say

Brandon M. :

No problem at all. If you need anything else regarding this, please let me know.

Brandon M. :

Otherwise, please rate the service in the bottom right corner when you are satisfied.

Customer:

Ok thanks

Brandon M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an System Administrator for law firm
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Brandon, I contacted Microsoft in UK and problem solved. I have redownloaded. Very helpful. Thanks once again for your help... Ric

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Have a great rest of your day!

Best Regards,
Brandon