Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

Purchased MS Office Home & Student 2013 as a download. Clicked

Purchased MS Office Home & Student 2013 as a download. Clicked on green button (Install). The prompt says the Download will begin shortly. Then does nothing.

The Dell laptop I'm using is one year old and came with MS Office Starter 2010. I could create and print documents in Word up until today. When I opened my documents they all display an orange icon instead of a blue W at the beginning of each document. Which means the documents cannot be opened to edit. I sent one of the documents as an attachment to an email and once it was received (on another Dell, new laptop) Windows could not open the document file.

Office Home & Student 2013 is $139.99 plus tax which comes to $152.03. I'd like to exchange the downloaded version of the software and purchase the CD. Does the CD version cost the same as the downloadable one?
Good evening, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do the best I can to assist you today.

The first thing I want to do is help you to repair the word file issue your having.. Which wont be repaired by purchasing office 2013. Would you mind if I connet to you and your computer during a screen sharing session, so I can repair the issue your having with word files?

When I have repaired the issue with word files opening, we can then decide whether you want to keep office 2013 and download and intall it, or if you want to cancel your purchase of that program altogether.

Let me know if you would be willing to try a screen sharing session, and If not, I can continue to guide you via written communication.

Thank you ahead of time for your reply,

D.Sandlin
Technical Support Specialist
Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
JustAnswer / Pearl.com Professional since 2009
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Go ahead and connect. Are you saying that even if we get the CD that it won't work either? or will it work after you do your thing?

Thank you for your patience Stephen.

I have the connection ready to go.. To get started, click this link

http://166.78.231.170:8040

the session id / password XXXXX office fix

once entered it will ask you to download, and then allow and install a file.

Once downloaded, please make sure to double click the downloaded file to install the file..

As that will allow our connection. If you run into any issues, let me know.

D.Sandlin
Technical Support Specialist

( please wait to rate the service at this time, as we have not connected yet )