Erik B.
Erik B., Consultant
Experience:  Well versed in several editions of Microsoft Office.

My / marks have disappeared from all my spreadsheets in excel

My / marks have disappeared from all my spreadsheets in excel 2010. They don't even show up in the formatting box for dates. The dates show up as 09 25 13 instead of 09/25/13
Hi and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Could you tell me a little more about this problem? Did it just start occurring? What version of Excel are you using? Is it just dates, or are other / symbols missing? Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It just happened in the last week. I'm using 2010 Professional and as far as I've noticed it is just the dates all other formatting seems to be ok.

OK a lot of times this is actually due to a setting on your computer's clock. Could you do the following for me?

1. Click the Start button on your computer and then click on Control Panel.
  2. Change the Control Panel view to Large Icons (or Classic View if using XP or Vista).
  3. Click on the Region and Language icon (or Regional Settings).
  4. In the resulting window, under the Formats tab, change the settings so they look like this: CLICK HERE
  5. Click OK to save your changes.

After doing that try opening and Excel spreadsheet. It will hopefully display the dates correctly now. If not let me know. Thanks!