Daniel, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  10 + years Computer Hardware/programming experience.

Intermittently when starting Excel 2013, I get an error message:

Intermittently when starting Excel 2013, I get an error message: Excel.exe - bad image. C:\windows\system32\dlumd11.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error..... When I run Excel 2013 in safe mode I do not get the error message, so I started disabling add-ins one at a time, but the error intermittently pops up anyway. After clicking OK about 15 times, Excel starts. It is very annoying and I haven't found a lot of information in the Internet. Suggestions?
Hi there happy to help.

What version of Windows are you running?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows 8 Professional

OK, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a known issue with Display ink software. It messes with Excel. As far as I know there is not a fix yet.

See here.......

Options at this point are to uninstall the Display Link software or to work with the issue until a patch is released by Display Link.

Please don't forget to rate me and have a great day.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is my post on their forum.

Figured so. Others have also reported this to DisplayLink, they are working on a solution as they realize the issue is on their end.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the quick response. I would prefer not to spend $38 for that answer if ok w/ you.....

That is totally up to you. I have nothing to do with payment.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok - I will pay something as I took up your time, but not the full $38. Thanks for your assistance. Sorry to have wasted your time - I should have waited longer for the forum leader on Display Link's sight.

The reason I answered was so you knew t wasn't a Microsoft issue.

Please don't forget to rate me and have a great week.