Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

I have a PC with Windows 7 installed. I have installed Microsoft

I have a PC with Windows 7 installed.
I have installed Microsoft Office 2010, which has Microsoft Publisher as its word processing program.
I do not like Microsoft Publisher so continue to use Microsoft Word by opening and reusing older documents.
I lost a full day's work on a document and am hoping and praying that I can recover it. However, any instructions for how to do that are either for Publisher or Word and following those instructions don't get me to where I need to be.
I already know about Auto Save, and believe I had that checked. No matter, my problem right now is that I need to recover my Word work from yesterday and cannot seem to navigate to a place on my PC where I might be able to do that. Please help!
Good afternoon, Im sorry to hear about the issues your having with your documents.

My name isXXXXX very familiar with word, office, windows, and how to deal with issues such as lost files.

The most effective way in which I can assist you, would be to offer you a screen sharing session, where I can speak to you in live chat, and try to recover the file myself while you observe and assist .

Would you like to try a screen sharing session, or would you prefer that I guide you via written communication?

Thank you ahead of time for your reply,

Dustin S
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A screen sharing session would be most helpful! Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just checking that you received my last message. I am okay with doing a live screen sharing session. Just tell me what I need to do next.

to connect, I need you to click the link below.

the session id / password XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

Once entered, it will ask you to download, allow, and then install a connection file.

make sure that after you download the file, that you open it and run it.. as this will be what connects us.

If you get stuck or run into any issues at all trying to connect to me, please dont hesitate to send a response.

Dustin S.

( please wait to rate ther service , since you and I have not connected yet, or attempted to work on the issue)