James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

The Outlook icon on the pinbar seems to work fine, and starts the program in a thumbnail v

The Outlook icon on the pinbar seems to work fine, and starts the program in a thumbnail version.

But when I double-click to expand it into normal size, nothing happens. None of the left-click commands such as Maximize or Minimize seem to work.

Everything else in the Office suite seems to work. This seems to be a new sort of problem, from the lack of mention in this forum and others.

Many thanks!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX and i will do my best to assist you.

Whilst holding your shift button right click on the minimized outlook in the tray and say maximize, from there minimize, and maximize it to test if it works.

Can you also tell me when did the problem start and which version of outlook is it?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry; that does not work....

Right click on the task bar and choose "Cascade Windows".

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

PS I've cascaded Windows...

Sorry, i didn't understand. Did the cascade windows worked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it did not....

Which version of outlook is it and did you undo cascade since it didn't work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As before, it is Outlook 7 and yes I did undo Cascade.

Don,

I have run out of ideas to suggest. I will opt out of this question to allow another expert with remote access take a look at this.

Thanks
Expert:  James K. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem

Remote means i can see your issue and fix this for you

Its fully Secure and Built into the Just Answer System and you can see what i am doing at all times

If you wish i can send you the details to connect

Cheers James
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The last time I let someone do this my machine ended up with a flock of spywares and MS Windows registry damage. Do you do anything or just look around?

Expert:  James K. replied 1 year ago.
Yes , i will fix the issue its fully secure and built into Just answer

No spyware

Would you like a link to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Let's try looking around first and telling me what to do. Avast gave me a very bad feel for this experience. Pls send the link. I suggest phone at the same time woujld be most time efficient.

Expert:  James K. replied 1 year ago.
http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=7c8c05a9-d95e-4b2c-a909-d2a1f58bf536

Click the Link above then

1) Click Join
2) Click Yes/Run/OK/Allow if asked
3) Click allow if asked by any Anti virus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've done this -- please keep this dialogue box open

Expert:  James K. replied 1 year ago.
Remote Fix
James K., Consultant
Experience: Technical Director of IT Company