Jason
Jason, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

When I try to open my Powerpoint presentations created in Office

When I try to open my Powerpoint presentations created in Office 2007, a message comes up that I have to buy Office 2010. Powerpoint 2007 has disappeared from my list of programs, but Word 2007 and Excel 2007 are still there. How do I open my Powerpoint 2007 and its presentations?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Please, follow the instructions below to solve your problem:
- Click the Start Button > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Choose to Restore to an earlier time > Click Next.
- Choose a date at least one week before you started experiencing your problem.
- Click NEXT > NEXT > NEXT.
- Your computer will restart and your issue will be gone.

If that does not help, may I remote into your system really quick and get this fixed for you?

- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried two different restore dates and neither worked. I get a message that says the restore wasn't successful.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not comfortable giving you control of my computer since I don't know you. Can you just suggest the next steps I should take, please?

When it gave me possible restore dates, they were all for Windows updates. Is there a way I can just ask it to restore to a date I set?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

No, that is not how it works. You can only restore to a time that is available.

Let's try this:
- Right click the Powerpoint document
- Choose Open With
- Choose Powerpoint 2007
- Choose ALWAYS
- Click Ok
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

By the way, I have remoted into a few hundred thousand computers with no problem.

Please, keep me updated.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure if my last reply went through. I was able to open the individual presentation using the "open with" Powerpoint. Thanks. But where is my PowerPoint 2007 program? How can I create a new presentation?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Please, follow the instructions below:
- Click the Start button
- Type appwiz.cpL
- Hit Enter
- Locate the Microsoft Office 2010 listing and click to select it
- Click the Uninstall/Change button
- Uninstall the program

Once you do that, you will only have 2007 and be good to go.

Please, do not forget to rate my help below.

Thank you again Sandy.

- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I uninstalled Office 2010. But when I go to all programs and pull up Office 2007, PowerPoint is no longer on the list.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
What happens when you double click the Powerpoint document?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can open the doc, and I can click on New and get a blank presentation. I'm going to pin the program to the task bar, so at least I can access it that way. Any other suggestions as to how to find it to create a new presentation?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.

That is how you do it (Pin to taskbar). Now you can open it directly.

Thank you,
Jason
Jason, Computer Technician
Experience: Over 10 years work experience.