IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

I am trying to download Microsoft Office. I have input the

I am trying to download Microsoft Office. I have input the Product key and am now trying to finish the activation. I enter my email address and it refers me to sign in with Microsoft account. I sign in and it tells me that the email address is not related to that account. What do I do now?

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please tell me which version of Microsoft Office you would like to download.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I purchased Office Professional 2013 from Office Depot. They provided me with a disc.

I exact error message I received was:

The account [email protected] isn't associated with this product. to activate this install please sign in with the account associated with your product.

If you purchased Office for yourself, use the same account that you used when purchasing the product.

If you received Office through your organization or school, please contact you administrator.

If you have a product key, go back and select "Enter a produce key instead"

I purchased the product personally. I tried to reinstall the Product key but it will not let me access the info.

Thanks for the update.

Did you use the same or different e-mail address when purchasing Microsoft Office from Office Depot?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I used the same email [email protected] I can only hope the store entered it correctly.
I see. Do you receive the error message after providing the product key on this link below?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I keep getting an error message. It read:

Something went wrong Office can't do that right now because your product is busy with another task.

I tried going directly to the The ask for 2 additional digits because the product key has previously been used.

Well, in that case, you have to contact the seller - Office Depot and ask them about the product (product key) you purchased from them. Based on the information you provided here, it seems to me that they had sold you the used product key or they sold the same key to someone else, who had already activated it.

When purchasing directly from Microsoft, you have to enter your e-mail address and when you successfully purchase Microsoft Office 2013, the information about the purchase binds to your e-mail account.

I am not sure how Office Depot manages their business, but contact them to find out what is going on. They are available via live chat - go to and click the on the Live Chat 24/7 link located at the top of the web page.

Or, give them a call: 1-800-46-33768

Let me know what they say.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have finally been able to get the program loaded. I had to go into the computer and exit from Microsoft twice before the program would load the Office.

Office Depot did not give my Product Code to anyone else. I opened the box and took out the pass code and then replaced it prior to bringing it home. I do not think someone memorized the number using it once.

The answer to the problem was the product was busy. f it wasn't Office it had to be Microsoft.

That's very interesting! So, you didn't have to type those 2 additional digits after all?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I didn't because I used your link. When I went to the site without your link, I was asked for the two additional digits.
OK, good. I am glad the problem is now resolved!

If you need any other assistance, you can always request me on this link:

Or, you can start a new question with the words "For IT Miro only".

Thanks and have a nice day!