Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Say you provide another party a draft Word document for review.

Say you provide another party a draft Word document for review. Say further that the other party revises that document and says that all his changes have been made using track changes.

Is there a way for me to verify that all the revisions do actually show up as tracked revisions? That is, is there a way for me to easily verify that the other party hasn't (for example) deleted some text without using track changes?

I've tried to think of some way of using the Review-Compare facility within Word, but I haven't come up with a bullet proof approach.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Yes, but you need to protect the document first.

To do this, Go to the Review tab and click the rightmost button: Restrict Editing

Go to section 2, Editing restrictions, and check the box to Allow only this type of editing in the document and choose Tracked changes. Now click Yes, Start Enforcing Protection.

You'll be prompted to either set a password XXXXX select User authentication.

Then if they want to turn this off, they need to enter a password.

This is the only way to force the changes to be tracked.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you