Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac Version 12.3.6. I have

I have Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac Version 12.3.6. I have a MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.4. Recently, my copy editor sent me a manuscript (word docx) with track changes. This screwed up all my other word documents. On the toolbar under View, when I view the docs on draft, the wording is a different size and out of proportion. They are only in proportion when I view them under print layout. But the document is framed by gray blue borders on either side. How can I view my documents back in their original version without the blue borders? Also, if I print the documents under print layout will the blue borders also be printed? I am currently traveling so do not have my printer with me.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you do the following please

Ensure all Office applications are closed.

Navigate in Finder to ~User/Library/Preferences folder and drag all the files to desktop that starts with com.microsoft.xxx.plist (xxx=name of Office app)

Additionally delete/Move following files:

Application/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/OfficePID.plist
~ User/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2008/Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist

Delete "Office Font Cache (12)", located in the same folder as Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist.

Then restart the computer, open Word and tell me if it has now returned to normal please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I followed your instructions and was unable to find user/library/preferences folder. I am not that computer savvy and your instructions are very complicated. Is there not a simpler way to deal with my problem?

Please also answer this question. If I print out a word doc that has the blue border on either side, will just the doc print or will the blue borders print as well. As I mentioned, I am currently traveling and do not have my printer with me.

Jeff, this is as simple as they can get.

In Finder, click Go -> Go To Folder

Then type in

~user/library/preferences

Dont forget the ~ as you did not have this in your message to me.

Can we deal with this question before moving onto new ones please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In finder I clicked Go to Folder and typed in ~user/library/preferences

A message read: This folder can't be found.

I can live with the blue borders as long as they don't print. Could you just answer my question: If I print a doc will the blue borders print as well? Or will just he doc print?

Give me the document and Ill see Jeff.

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Richard, I'm not having any luck. I tried uploading a file 5 times and always got the message: Sorry, error has occurred while uploading.

There was no File ID but a number did show up once: 594758

The File is titled Wines 2011-2013

See if that works

When it rains it pours they say :)

No blue borders, so they will not print Jeff, you are only seeing them on the screen.