Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.

I am trying to create a document with field fill-ins. How

Customer Question

I am trying to create a document with field fill-ins. How do I make one of the fields in bold and capitals?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 10 months ago.

Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer – My name isXXXXX and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Kamil Anwar :

Can i have a look at the document?

Kamil Anwar :

You can upload the document to Wikisend and send me the link to download it. I will then take a look and advise you with the porcedure

Kamil Anwar :

procedure*

Customer:

Allison Adams

Allison Adams Limited

Vulcan Building Chambers

Level 4

Vulcan Building

Cnr Vulcan Lane & Queen Street

Auckland

PO Box 3320 Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Shortland Street Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

E-mail:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Xx

Xx

For:

Email:

Date

Heading

1. Xxx

2. Xxx

Yours faithfully

Allison Adams

Kamil Anwar :

You need to upload this document to www.wikisend.com

Customer:

As you can see I am a basic user and this has been a challenge. I can't upload it as it won't let me

Kamil Anwar :

Can you see the attachment sign in this Window - If you click this sign, you can then attach the document here.

Kamil Anwar :

See if you can upload on this website http://www.speedyshare.com/

Customer:

the document has been saved as a dotx file and it doesn't recognise it. can you simply send me detailed instructions on how to create a template document (as I have tried making templates without success for a while) so I can save them in the cloud without losing the settings.

Customer:

http://speedy.sh/vdB7y/Letterhead.dot

Kamil Anwar :

Do you want the field to be bold and capital like (client name) or the field value (which the user inputs)?

Customer:

I need it so that the client name is XXXXX XXXXX 10 unbold and then the next line has (for example) AUCKLAND in bold

Kamil Anwar :

Let me have a look - I need a few minutes to check this.

Customer:

When I create the fields I have a base document, highlight the line, insert field - fillin, add the prompt and click ok to go to the next line. Is this a good way of creating the document? I save it in dot. format on the desktop to test it and if it is working I drag it into the cloud but that is when it loses its settings.

Kamil Anwar :

I think that's because of the extension .dot

Kamil Anwar :

However, we can confirm this once i am done with digging into it. I need a few minutes to check this up in detail.

Kamil Anwar :

From where did you create the fields ?

Customer:

insert - field - all-fillin

Kamil Anwar :

Ok

Customer:

is there perhaps a better way of creating and saving a template like this?

Kamil Anwar :

PHP forms are better but complex with more functionality but i am working on it to get a proper solution.

Kamil Anwar :

Click Here

Kamil Anwar :

The Address 2 field now appears bold tell me if that is fine?

Customer:

The second address line is not in bold and the third address line (for the city eg Auckland) should be bold and in capitals

Kamil Anwar :

Please tell me like this it will be easier

Kamil Anwar :

Client Name (Tahoma 10, not bold)
Address line 2 Tahoma 10 not bold
City font size bold or not
Attention
Email Address
Date
Heading

Customer:

client name - yes

Customer:

address line 2 - yes

Customer:

city font Tahoma 10 bold all capitals

Customer:

attention - bold

Customer:

email address - bold

Customer:

date - not bold

Customer:

heading - keep the font and style

Kamil Anwar :

Thanks - I'll get back to it now.

Kamil Anwar :

I have checked the information and the way to have it in capital is to let the user type in capitals, becausethis is the prompt where the input from user is needed.

Kamil Anwar :

It's not automated.

Kamil Anwar :

Unless we set the font to Castellar or a different one which is by default a upper case font.

Customer:

we would not be able to change the font as it has to be consistent with our Court documents. Is there anywhere I could get a manuel or information to help me create the templates for our Court documents? I have been struggling with this for some time and need to get them sorted now?

Kamil Anwar :

Should they must be in word?

Customer:

not necessarily but we need to be able to add/edit information and delete paragraphs when not needed

Kamil Anwar :

Can you give me some time to investigate this and come back with a solution.

Customer:

obviously I have looked into doing template courses but there does not appear to be anyone who does one for apple mac computers

Kamil Anwar :

I will need some time to investigate this and resolve this. Is it ok if i get back to you after doing a bit research on this issue? I will need 1 day.

Kamil Anwar :

I will look at different options and solutions to resolve this issue.

Customer:

certainly. you can email me back XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. Thank you for all your help.

Kamil Anwar :

I cannot email you because JustAnswer doesnt allow that BUT what i will do is respond to this chat once i'll do that you will get a messsage.

Kamil Anwar :

You can then click on that message from your email and you will be back onto this page.

Customer:

ok. Do I click the save & exit now then?

Kamil Anwar :

No you can just leave it open.

Kamil Anwar :

You do not need to click on anything.

Customer:

Thanks. Have a good weekend

Kamil Anwar :

Be sure to check your email. :)

Kamil Anwar :

You too, take care :)

Customer:

sure will.

Kamil Anwar :

Hi

Kamil Anwar :

I managed to make it work.

Kamil Anwar :

Let me know when you're back so i can send you the document that will convert city to capitals.

Customer:

Hi Kamil, send it through

Kamil Anwar :

Welcome back.

Kamil Anwar :

Uploading now.

Kamil Anwar :

Click Here

Customer:

great that works.

Customer:

Now how is the best way to create the templates for Court doc's. I have been doing them the same way

Kamil Anwar :

You mean, creating new templates?

Customer:

yes

Kamil Anwar :

This seems to be the best way - Other solutions can be costly as they will be custom.

Kamil Anwar :

It can be like a hosted page, with features you require and save the output to a word document.

Customer:

great. Thank you for all your help and efforts. Much appreciated.

Kamil Anwar :

Should i tell you how i fixed it so you can reference it later when needed.

Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist
Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
I have used the \* Upper switch in City field to convert small letters to capital. This can be used on any other field as well.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes if you could tell me how you did it so I can fix it in future that would be great.

Hi Loreen

There are a number of options available.

If you open the document and press Alt + F9 - You will see the switches for the fill-ins.

Here you can edit the codes.

The switch i used to convert lower to upper is /* Upper