Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I had a HUP office 2010 installed on my PC. I recently purchased

I had a HUP office 2010 installed on my PC. I recently purchased tru my employer again a HUP product Office 2013 Professional. After having installed this product online without the usual product code but using email verification etc, it appeard that office 2013 showed many problems exaclt as dicussed in many microsoft forums. I initially thought that office 2013 conflicted with 2013 which I had purchased Sept 2011 so I deleted office 2010. I continued having severe problems with Office 2013. Using Fixit I deleted 2013 but had to order a back-up DVD (Digital River) The funny thing is dat my Microsoft account doesn't show any recent purchases, wierd. After having received the back-up dvd from Digital (OfficeProPlus 2013 32/64 EN DiskKit Direct DVD) harmonise code 85243100, I again faced problems to install Office 2013. If I start PP it can't be activated, when I try to launch Word the message is as follows:
We're sorry, but word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly, Word will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair now? That repairing I've done many times, either quick or full without result. Is it possible that I receive Microsoft Software HUP to be installed online without a product key? Also my back-up DVD doe'n't have a product key. I have basically done everything possible, checked all resolutions mentioned online. I now ended up not having 2010 anymore and not being able to properly install Office 2013. Quite frustrating. What to do?

Frans van de Mortel
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

These errors are not related to the product key, but issues within Office.

Can you tell me please which version of Windows you are running?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I switched this Spring from Windows 7 to 8

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I believe through all these installs Frans, the hard drive or registry has become corrupt, and this is the cause for your problems.

I would like you to do the following please as we are going to do a clean install of Office.

First, go to www.revouninstaller.com

Download the 30 day trial (we only need this) and install it.

run it and use this to uninstall office.

Once uninstalled, restart the computer

than do the following please

Download CC Cleaner (free) from here

CC Cleaner

(Click Download Latest Version on the top right)

Run it and let it scan and repair your registry.

Once done, restart the computer

Than

Press the windows key + X and choose Command Prompt (admin)

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /f

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Than install Office again. This will be a clean install and it should then install correctly.

Once done, test if the programs now open correctly and tell me if they still give you the errors please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear XXXXX,

up chkdsk everything went accordingly as expected. Indeed Windows Resource Protection found some corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details were included in CBS. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios. As the messages stated.

After restart, Microsoft asked for product key (that I don't have) or microsoft account, clicking that resulted first in "sorry, we are having some temporary server issues. After auto restart Offeice continued installing allmost up to the end were it states "hang on, while we make some finishing touches" These touches last now for about an hour!
When I open word same story and message: sorry, we are having some temporary server issues when I tick account insted of product key
I does open though but shows a purple bar product notice and activate..

Why sign in doesn't work?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It can be an issue in Internet Explorer Frans

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart the computer and let me know if you can now sign in please.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One step further. I could now sign in, well done! The message though is, as stated earlier, that my account isn't associated with this office product. If I have anotther one then I'm not aware of it. Why can't I just instal Office with the back up DVD delivered by Digital River, eventhough is doesn't include a product key.

They might need my work email address
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will be the wrong account you are using Frans.

Can you recall which account you used when purchasing this?

If not, you can use the DVD from Digital River, but they need to give you a product key with this, else you cannot use it (and they should never sell it without one).

Its likely a mistake was made when sending it to you.

Are you able to contact them and have you send it to you please?

Or try to recall the correct account you used.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear XXXXX,

I just replied but am not sure if you received it. By luck I suddenly found an confirmation email including a product key (in very tiny numbers and letters though) :-) I started Word, inserted the product key and Word continued normally.

I'd like to come back to you in a later stage, I want to see if all Office 2013 products now function normally and do not crash frequently as they did after initial on-line installation earlier this Spring. If not, I will be very happy.

Thanks a lot for your clear instructions! Pitty though that I didn't find that product key earlier.

Anyhow, I think my PC is now in a better shape then as it was before contacting you.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good to hear Frans!

Yes, I have marked this question to never close, so you can always return at anytime to let me know of issues, this is no problem at all, and with no time limit.

It will be running a lot better, as we did a good install now.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues