Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I have a Toshiba lap top. I had to have my computer rebuilt

I have a Toshiba lap top. I had to have my computer rebuilt because of a virus. I had Excel
on my computer before it was rebuilt. Now I don't know how to activate it again. I do not have the cd I used to install Excel a few years ago. I hope if I give you all of the numbers that I have you can help me recover it.
Satellite A505-S6005
Part number PSAT6U-005002
Serial number 1A132457Q
I know I need my Office Product Key.
Thank you.
beverly

Hello Beverly! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you other Office programs, such as Word or PowerPoint, still working? Do you remember the version of your office / excel, such as 2003, 2007, 2010, etc.?

Where did you purchase your office / excel software previously?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think 2003

Best Buy

Please click on the website below and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=d609925f-d944-4402-a3e0-556bb536b823

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry I will need for you to email to.

Beverly

I'm sorry, are you using Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon), or Firefox or Chrome, etc.?

What happens when you click on the website below:

, then download / run it, and allow it to run?

Try any other option it gives you as needed. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you can't e-mail your answer to help me. I will have to buy another

Excel program. :(

I'm sorry, yes, I can email you, I'd just like to check if you can connect with me at the website I've provided previously, so I can help directly instead. But if your computer cannot connect, I can help you another way.

Since the version Office / Excel version 2003 is old (about ten years ago), Microsoft does not sell it or provide support for it any more; they only have the latest version 2013, but you would have to buy it.

However, there is an alternate office / excel program that is similar and it is free, so you do not need to buy another Excel program. Would you like me to provide that alternate program for you?

Edit: It looks like you are away; please reply back when you are available to continue. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry I had to leave my computer but I am back now. I would like to install the free one.

Hi Beverly,

That's okay. Please go to the website below to download and install the fee Open Office software:

http://www.openoffice.org

(Keep all default options during installation.)

Edit: It looks like you are away again. If there is any issue, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further. Thank you very much.