Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Using Office 2010 Excell. When I highlight multiple rows

Using Office 2010 Excell. When I highlight multiple rows vertically with color I seem uable to stop that process from continuing after I no longer need it. Any ideas what might be the problem?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Just trying to understand your issue. You select Rows eg: 1,2,3,4

You apply a Fill Color, and it fills in all rows in the sheet?

Is this the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No it will fill about 3 rows down. When I click off of it, it will continue to fill color where ever I click on the sheet, simlar as if I was highlighting.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Sonny.

Is it just for one spreadsheet, or any spreadsheet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are about 3 or 4 pages of a rather simply document. We have a construction company so this stuff is not that very complex. There are about 4 columns across & about 150 rows down total.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, do the following please

Click the Start button and open the "Control Panel."

Click the "Uninstall a program" link under Programs.

Scroll down and highlight "Microsoft Office."

Click the "Change" button and wait for a new window to open.

Click to select the "Repair" option and click "Continue" to authorize your computer to repair Microsoft Excel

Once complete, restart the computer and tell me if it is still doing this please.

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard,

I did what you explained, it has taken care of the color highlighting, although have a bit of problems with the box out lines borders disppearing when I proceed to copy a group of rows.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good to hear Sonny

You use the Format Painter Button image on the Standard toolbar to Copy the formatting of cells (such as borders, fills, text formats, or number formats) and apply that formatting to other cells.

Select a cell that has the formatting that you want to copy.

Do one of the following:

To copy the formatting to a single cell or range of cells, click Format Painter Button image, and then drag the mouse pointer across the cell or range of cells that you want to format.

To copy the formatting to several cells or ranges of cells, double-click Format Painter Button image, and then drag the mouse pointer across each cell or range of cells that you want to format. When you're done, either click Format Painter Button image again or press ESC to turn it off.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you