Nick H.
Nick H., MS Office Specialist
Experience:  MS Office 2003, 2007, 2010, Lotus Notes 6.5, 8.5

I setting up my newly purchased Gateway laptop that came loaded

I setting up my newly purchased Gateway laptop that came loaded with Windows 8, how can I find out if Microsoft Office is loaded?

Also, I understand that Windows 8 does not serve pop servers, what can I do? I live in a remote location with it being my only choice for DSL.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

You can easily restore the START button so your Notebook will look like older Windows.

CLICK HERE and download/install the START MENU 8. After installed, you will see the START button at lower left like Windows Vista or XP.

Now regarding MS Office, click START->All Programs. If you see Microsoft Office here, try to run Word or Excel. If it does not ask to upgrade/purchase, then your notebook has Office and ready to use.

If it asks for upgrade/purchase license key, MS Office only loaded and needs license to use them. You can contact Microsoft or use the link provided.

2) For your email, you can CLICK HERE to download and install Windows Live Mail. Then open Windows Live Mail and setup email for Century Link. It should work properly.

Please reply back if you have any questions or concerns. Otherwise, kindly rate my answer so I can get credit. Thank you!