Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

I am working online, skydrive web apps, specifically Word.

I am working online, skydrive web apps, specifically Word. I have a large document (40 pages). I went to insert a small image from my hard drive (75 kb, jpeg). It has said "uploading" for over an hour. I have not, oh the stupidity, saved this file in the last 24 hours of work.
Question: will this ever upload? Can you stop the upload so that, more importantly, I can recover my document with its changes or will the upload ever give an error message or something so I can go on working (and saving)?
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

No, the upload is not going to stop, 40 pages would only take a few minutes.

you are going to need to close the browser and reopen it and see if it was able to save your changes.

Let me know the results, and so I can help you avoid this, the internet browser you are using please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is always a risk using Safari with Skydrive, as it is best used with Internet Explorer.

But do this with Safari please as this problem is normally caused by corrupted cache.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now from the menu bar click Develop > Empty Caches

Once done, restart and you should be ok to use the document correctly. I recommend though you regularly save every 15 minutes, and that you perform this Cache clear once a week.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I appreciate the preventative steps. This does not solve my current issue, however. Recovering the document with skydrive know-how/knowledge is my question. If there's no answer for this here, I will try other routes.

There is no recovery.

You need to close the browser, and reopen it and check if it was able to save.

At this moment, there is nothing that can be done, as it has crashed on the saving.

You are free to check alternative routes, but you are just going to come to this answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The browser is functioning. I can open new pages and browse. I can reload the current page too. Does that change anything?

No it does not, cache is specific to an actual page.

Close the browser, as you need to stop the session, then open the document again please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

lost a day's grueling worth of work. Unbelievable. Okay. Thanks for trying to solve an unsolvable issue.

Sorry about this, really Safari can have issues with Skydrive, it is really built for Internet Explorer.

You may want to consider instead

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do use dropbox. It has its uses for saving and accessing from all connected computers. Skydrive I'm using for its web applications, which DB doesn't have, as far as I know. Thanks

ok, most people only use it for File Storage.

But it was only a suggestion in this event.

feel free to ask if you would like any additional information please

Thank you