Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.

This is a request to/for Chris Shores. Chris I need your help

This is a request to/for Chris Shores. Chris I need your help installing Outlook 2003. It was not working properly and I was eliminating the 1500 messages that were in it. I clicked on help and went to repairs and "something." When I fired it up this morning, it took me back to the basic set up, as if it were new.
Now I am at the page with POP and IMP something, and rather than screw up, I am calling for additional help. Hopefully, he will be there to assist me.

Mike E
Hello Mike,

Sounds like outlook is asking you to set up your email account, I wonder if you accidentally deleted it from outlook?

Did you set your mail up in outlook before you started having problems?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was there yesterday because I was deleting the many old emails. So, I think I must have deleted it. I think when I when to the help tab and under "repair...." I clicked to return to default status. This is why I hate this techno stuff. So now, when I click on the icon for Outlook it now goes to the original set up page. Brand new like.

Looks like you will need to re-set up the account. Do yo know how to do that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. I do not. That is why I need your help.

Why don't you let me connect to your computer to set this up properly while you watch, let me know if you would like to try that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. sure. Let's do it.

To connect please click on the link below and choose agree. Next you will need to download and run the connection utility. Make sure if anything pops up asking you to allow or run you choose to do so.

Hey Mike,

Glad I could get that set up for you. Just leave outlook alone until it finishes downloading all of your mail.

If you have any problems let me know.

Please rate my service for the remote session.