Mr. PC Wizard
Mr. PC Wizard, Desktop Support Engineer
Experience:  I've been in the desktop and laptop support industry for ten years. I am A+, MCDST, MCTIP, MCP, VSTP, and HP ASE certified.

Dynamic use of Word to edit documents in OneNote

I would like to keep a Word document in one of my OneNote notebooks and edit it while still in OneNote. What I imagine is sending snipped items that I find while researching directly to that Word document and editing where they go using Word without having to move everything to Word and upload it again. Is this possible? Thank you.

Mr. PC Wizard :

Unfortunately Onenote supports only attaching or annotating as a printout for word documents and cannot update them within the application in real time. Onenote keeps notes in a proprietary format (called .one) and you could send web snippets directly to Onenote and work out of Onenote format instead of the external word document.

Hello Leslie, How are you doing today? I just wanted to follow up with you to see how this turned out for you and if there's anything else I can help with. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day! Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Wizard