IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

QUESTION ABOUT EXCEL - FONT (COLOR ETC. MISSING FROM TOOLBAR?)I

QUESTION ABOUT EXCEL - FONT (COLOR ETC. MISSING FROM TOOLBAR?)

I AM WORKING ON TEMPLATES THAT I'VE CREATED PREVIOUSLY IN EXCEL AND EVEN
NEW ONES AND I RIGHT CLICK AND FONT NO LONGER IS ON THE PULL, DOWN MENU?

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please tell me which version of Microsoft Office (Excel) are you using and when the problem started to happen.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HOW CAN I TELL FOR SURE WHICH VERSION I AM USING? AND THE PROBLEM JUST STARTED

Please start Microsoft Excel and click File and then Help. You will see the version on the right side.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

IT DOESNT SAY IT THERE BUT I DID FIND IT. ITS 2003

Thanks for the information.

Please start Microsoft Word to check if you can see a toolbar with font there or it is missing as well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ITS THERE IN WORD.

OK. In that case, you will need to enable missing toolbars, most likely "Formatting".

Here is how to do it:

1. Start Microsoft Excel

2. Click View and then Toolbars. There check "Standard" and "Formatting". That should bring back the missing options such as Font

Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

EXCELLENT! ITS THERE! :) CAN U TELL ME HOW TO GET IT SO THAT WHEN I RIGHT CLICK IT BRINGS ME THE PULL DOWN MENU?

I am glad you found it!

Do you want to enable other toolbars? Please explain which pull-down menu you are referring to

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WELL WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ANYWHERE ON MY EXCEL DOCUMENT A POP UP PULL DOWN MENU WOULD COME UP AND THERE WOULD BE COPY CUT ETC - BUT NOW IT HAS NO "FONT"

There is no "Font" in that right-click menu in Excel. There is one in Word. To get to the Font in Excel, either use the Font toolbar you just re-enabled or right-click on any cell and select Format Cells... When the Format Cells window opens, click on the Font tab and there you will see all Font options.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANK YOU! THAT DOES WORK, BUT I REALLY THOUGHT I ALWAYS HAD A FONT IN MY PULL DOWN MENU WHEN I RIGHT CLICKED IN EXCELL . I HAVE WINDOWS 7. I'M NOT SURE HOW IT GOT CREATED BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS ALWAYS THERE. ALTHOUGH .. I SUPPOSE IT MAY HAVE JUST BEEN THE TOOLBAR IF YOU ARE SURE - YOU'RE THE EXPERT ;)

Hi again!

Sorry, but there is no "Font" available on the right-click menu. To change Font options in Excel, you will either need to use the toolbar or right-click > Format Cells... > Font.

Here is how the right-click menu in Excel 2003 looks like:

graphic

And this is how the right-click menu in Word 2003 looks like:

graphic

Let me know if I can help you further.

Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR RESOLVING MY ISSUE QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY ! :)