Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn.

I am running windows 8 (64 bit) installed over windows 7.

I am running windows 8 (64 bit) installed over windows 7. I use sky drive and Microsoft office 365. My password XXXXX just fine in all these functions until I try to print, sync, or access an office file like OneNote for instance. Then I am asked to sign in again but then I get a message saying that the password XXXXX XXXXX
I have spoken to other people who are having the identical problem. How does this get fixed so I can access my files?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Welcome, My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do my best to assist you today.

For a moment lets forget printing.. You mentioned that when you try to access a file like one note, that it wont let you see the file at all?

Im assuming these are files in your skydrive, that its not letting you access?

Can you access any files in your skydrive at all? Or do all ask for your password, and then reject it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Sky Drive is not at issue. I can access those files no problem. The issue is, best example, in things like One Note which will neither sync nor allow me to open notebooks without signing in again.

"Sign in
Call us overprotective, but we need to verify your account again before opening this document."

And then I get a message saying it does not recognize my password.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I can access pictures and the few Word documents I have save to SkyDrive but again, One Note notebooks are not accessible on either the originating computer or any other computer. I can see them. On the originating computer they have a red x in the corner indicating they have not been synced. On the second computer they are greyed out. in both cases the system asks for my Microsoft password XXXXX then says it was incorrect.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Lets try these exact steps, in order.

Sign out of Skydrive on IE.

2. Close OneNote from task manager (it runs in the background by default)

3. Sign in to Skydrive on IE.

4. Create a new OneNote doc.

5. Click the link to "open in OneNote"

Will it open in one note? If so, can you now access your notebooks?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No go. I can open the test notebook in Notebook and Sky Drive. When I click the link from sky drive "open in one note" nothing happens. If I try to open one of the existing notebooks I get an error message saying that "there was an error processing the request. please try again later"

To be perfectly honest, I think it's a Microsoft bug. Not only do I have friends experiencing the same issue, during my search for an answer I saw the same question being asked in several places.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Yes, it is a microsoft bug.. But one that is somewhat fixable..

Question, have you tried going into your windows 8 credential manager, and deleting all your one note and live id credentials?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No. Where do I find said credential manager?

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Hello again,

Not sure how I missed your reply before diner, as it shows it came in 2 minutes later, but I didnt see it before I signed out.

open the Control Panel and go to your User Accounts and Family Safety -> Credential Manager.

Then, under generic credentials, delete anything relating to One note, skydrive, or your live id's.

Once the credentials are removed. Close one note, open it. And then try to access your notebooks again. ( it should ask you again for your id and password )

let me know if this helps at all.. Thanks,

Dustin S.
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn.