Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Hello. I would like to install Microsoft Office 2003. I cannot

Hello.
I would like to install Microsoft Office 2003. I cannot afford the newest one yet. Please tell me how I can install this software. The paperwork with the instructions has been misplaced.
Is there any way or anyone who can help me with this?

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

What version of windows are you wanting to install this on?

Also do you have the office 2003 CD as well as it's activation key? This is usually located on the packaging?

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Thank you,
Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Mike,

I see you said you were going to try this in the morning so let me give you some general instructions in case I am not around when you try.

The installation is pretty straight forward. All you do is insert the CD into the drive the installation should start.

You just need to follow the instructions on the screen which is not much more than clicking next.

You will need to enter your license key so if you don't have that you may not be able to install it. The software is essentially useless if you do not have a license key.

You won't damage anything by trying the install so I would suggest you give it a try, if you run into any problems just reply and let me know and I will help.

Thank you,
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Chris,

I made a mistake. This shows how unskilled I at this stuff. What I REALLY want to install is Microsoft Outlook. It is on the CD. Also, there is the case with the code on the box. Is there anything I need to know about installing ONLY the Outlook portion? That usually has some parts that have to do with IMP or IMF or something like that.

Mike E

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hey Mike,

Thanks for letting me know. Yes you do have to do something different to only install outlook.

When the CD starts to install you will be given some options you need to choose Custom
graphic

as your installation method which will show you this screen:
graphic

Then uncheck everything except outlook and click next.

Only outlook will be installed. Not sure what you mean by IMP or IMF. You should just put the CD in and the install will start.

If you have trouble in the morning let me know, I will be online and can help if you need me.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris,

Let me see if this works when I do it in the morning. I will then give you a rating. If it works, it will be a good one.

Check you out tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mike E

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hey Mike,
It should be no problem unless you are using the newest windows which is windows 8. Office 2003 is not compatible with windows as you can see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2777626

I will be back online at 9am est.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.