The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support

Hi there, I would like to know how to use excel to calculate

Customer Question

Hi there, I would like to know how to use excel to calculate stock end dates. For example. If I have 120 units, and I go through an average of 4 units per week (assuming stock was drawn down on a Monday), what formula would I use to get the date my stock would run out.

Many thanks in advance.
Richard.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 7 months ago.

The-PC-Guy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

The-PC-Guy :

try something like this

The-PC-Guy :

=TODAY()+((120/4)*7)

The-PC-Guy :

based on your example that would give you the end date

The-PC-Guy :

based on today's date

The-PC-Guy :

you can change the numbers as you see fit

Customer:

Hi there, thanks for this. Are you able to tell me how the layout of the TODAY formula is ie. dd/mm/yyyy?

Customer:

figured it out. thanks andrew.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Try something like this

=TODAY()+((120/4)*7)

based on today's date

based on your example that gives me a date of 3/25/2014. Let me know if you will be needing anything else

if you need any modifications to the formula, or have questions let me know.

The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support
Sorry, I didn't see your last response.

Can you please reload the web page, and try again.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

No bother, I answered my own question.

Thank you for your help.

Thats good to hear!

Please rate me Good or Excelent Service so I can get reimbursed for my time

Thankyou.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Hi Andrew, if I could bother you for one more question. I was wondering what formula I would use to work out a projected total number of stock units usage from todays date up till a predetermined end date.

eg. If a customer used 1 unit per week from the current week, up until say the 12/30/2013, what formula would I use to figure out the total number of units used or allocated between now and then?

so you would want to know how many units was used between the 2 dates?