Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

How do I copy rows of information from one worksheet (1) to

Customer Question

How do I copy rows of information from one worksheet (1) to worksheet (2) that has certain data in them.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

To do this, click on the row numbers on the left you wish to copy.

then press CTRL+C

Then go to the second worksheet.

Click on the Row number you want to copy to

And press CTRL+V

It will then copy the rows here.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I want a macro that tells the 2nd worksheet that only copy rows that have information from column e to BJ.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Can I look at your sheet?

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

And to clarify, you mean only copy rows that have data in Sheet 1 to sheet 2 correct?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

#715682

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
I have it, but you missed the last part of my question

I mean, what should the Macro be exactly copying?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

To copy rows from one sheet to the other is just copying. I can do that. I mean that if there is no data in columns E to BJ then do not copy it to the next worksheet.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
"if there is no data in columns E to BJ then do not copy it to the next worksheet."

Can you be more clearer please. Are you saying you want a Macro to copy data from Sheet one, Columns E to BJ to sheet 2?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It is very hard to explain this in an email. I want a macro to copy the complete rows that have data in columns E to BJ to sheet 2.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
That makes sense :-)

Go to www.wikisend.com

Download File ID 678318

The Macro is done for you

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I downloaded the file and I can't see the macro. Where is it?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
In Excel

Press ALT+F11

In the new window, souble click on Sheet 1 in the top right.

The macro is there. To run it, click anywhere below Sub and above End Sub and press F5

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

You must realize thta I am new to this stuff. It did not work. When I pressed ALT+F11 it went to Visual Basic for Applications. There is not top right. What is Sub and End Sub?

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, Top left, you see Sheet 1, double click it there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Okay. It did something, but why can I not see the macro.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier.

Go to www.joinme.com

Click START MEETING

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (eg: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
I need to go offline Janet, and not sure when you are returning

I made another version though, that has a button you can press to run the Macro

you can download it under File ID 196098

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

502-658-897

1-XXX-XXX-XXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Hi Janet,

Sorry I was away for a number of days

Did you get my last version I sent you which has a button to run the Macro?

You can download it from here

www.wikisend.com File ID 196098

Thank you