Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

Following repair to my computer which involved replacement

Following repair to my computer which involved replacement of RAM and Motherboard on opening Outlook I now get the message "Office has not been activated"
My system is Windows XP purchase in March 2006.

How do I activate Office?
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is Microsoft Word working?

Did you buy Microsoft Office previously? Do you still have the office/outlook license / product key?

What is your office version, such as 2003, 2007, 2010, etc.?

Can we do a remote session, so I can chat with you and help you directly?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Word appears OK

I bought MS Office at the time I purchased the Computer and still have all discs and documentation

Version 2003

Remote sesion is OK

Great. Please click on the website below and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run:

Thank you
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just restarted my computer and opened outlook to find that the original problem message appears -ie ., "Office has not been activated"

Problem has NOT been solved

I'm sorry. When it shows that message, "Office has not been activated", does it give you any option? Are links from emails still working? Thank you,

Also, if you restart the computer, then don't open Outlook first, but open Word first, does it also gives that message?

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Shall I shut down and try?

That's okay for now. Are links from emails still working?

In Outlook or Word, can you click on Help, then About..., then check if it has the latest Service Pack 3 (SP3)? If not, please download and install it at

, then check.

Also, if needed, go to and check for (custom) updates, then install all updates, including software and hardware updates.

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Service Pack 3 is ok. System updates requires me to install 'ActiveX Control and I cn't seem to do this as I cant find the Explorer Information Bar

There should be a (yellow or white) bar when prompted for activex control, just click on it. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It says the information bar is just below the Address Bar and to right click on this to install the ActiveX - All I can find is the menu bar which when I rt click has no option to install ActiveX

Sorry, what happens when you left-click? Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing unless I lft click a nenu item - none of which has the ActiveX option

Please connect with me again at the website below:

Edit: Issue is fixed. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have accepted Join Network and file has been downloaded. And current
dialog box says - Joining Your Session

Following our last session I restarted my computer and on opening Outlook
the same message Block appeared. What's going on??

Sorry. I disconnected the session already. It's strange. Can you shut down the computer again, then turn the computer back on, then open Word program, does that same message "Office has not been activated" still appear there? Then open Outlook and check. Thank you