Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

In my Excel macro I would like to add the value in a cell to

In my Excel macro I would like to add the value in a cell to the body of the email. The text to add is in cell E2. Instead of "Dear Facility Editor," I would like the name in field E2. See below. Thanks!

strbody = "Dear Facility Editor,

" & _
"This report contains missing, inaccurate, or incomplete data in CROWNWeb. The report covers CMS 2728, CMS 2746, notifications, PART, and transient patients. Below is a link to instructions on how to process the report. Please read the instructions before contacting the Network. Remember do not include patient information in email; you may include the CROWN patient ID.

NOTE: PART action type does not have a patient UPI. Email sent to all registered facility editors in CROWNWeb for the facility.
" & _
"
CROWNWeb Feedback Report Instructions"

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

you need to use this formula for this

=HYPERLINK(“mailtoXXX@XXXXXX.XXX&subject=Email To You&body=" & E2 & ", Send Email”)

then when they click this link, it will perform the email with whatever is in E2 in the body of the email.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Two questions:

1. Where do I insert the formula, after strbody = or somewhere else?

2. mailtoXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, is that generic or does it need to refer something?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it will be easier if I do this for you.

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The site is blocked at my organization. The file is here.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I see, you are doing something different to what I understood.

you want to replace the strBody with this

strbody = "Dear " & ThisWorkbook.Sheets("mclay@nw6.esrd.net").Range("E2") & ",

" & _

" & _
"
CROWNWeb Feedback Report Instructions"

This will get the value from E2

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I get a compile error.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Tell me the path you want please and I will update it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I want the strbody to say,

Dear Margo Clay(field E2),

This report contains..........

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
it Does Margo, when you use the code I gave you.

What was the issue you had?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I received a compiled error. I copied the text and placed it into the macro. Click here for a print screen.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will be the way you pasted it in.

I have done it for you and you can download it here

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great! It works, no sure what happened with the copy paste. Thanks!