Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
7043301

I have a micorsoft powerpoint document that I want to share

I have a micorsoft powerpoint document that I want to share with another person over the internet. Can that be done ?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Dan :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be working with you today on your question!

Customer:

Hi Dan

Dr. Dan :

This sure can, the best way to do this is to visit http://www.skydrive.com

Customer:

oh skydrive..going tothe link now

Dr. Dan :

This is Microsoft's cloud server for Office and allows you to view and even edit your powerpoint documents on the internet

Dr. Dan :

You can share your documents with anyone else via an email invitation

Customer:

do they need to download skydrive too

Dr. Dan :

no you can send them a link that they can go to directly

Dr. Dan :

It's actually a website

Dr. Dan :

(there's also an App in Windows 8 and on the mobile phones by the same name)

Dr. Dan :

But in reality it's a website that they can just browse to

Dr. Dan :

Once you are logged in to your Microsoft account on Skydrive, upload your powerpoint document to your files (there is an upload button on the toolbar with an upwards pointing arrow)

Dr. Dan :

Once uploaded click on the file and it will actually open up in a web based powerpoint

Dr. Dan :

Note there will be a "SHARE" option

Dr. Dan :

Click that and you can send an email to your friend and even allow them to edit if you want

Dr. Dan :

Login is optional

Dr. Dan :

Let me know if that helps!

Dr. Dan :

If it does please take a moment to rate our interaction to close this question.

Dr. Dan :

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them below and I will gladly continue to assist you!

Dr. Dan :

Thank you,

Dr. Dan :

Customer:

Dan, can we callaborate on the document we are sharing

Dr. Dan, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Charles, sorry I didn't see your reply in my window until now. Yes you sure can collaborate. Any changes anyone makes to the cloud will be synced, so if you open that document later you will have the revised document. You can download a plugin application on the Skydrive website to allow you to open files from Skydrive as a 'folder' on your computer. Otherwise Office 2013 or 365 have Skydrive support built in.

Let me know if that helps!

Thank you,

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Charles,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If it did please take a moment to rate our interaction to close this question.

Thank you,