Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

I have Windows 7, Word 2010. When opening up a document in

I have Windows 7, Word 2010. When opening up a document in word, I notice that
it hasnt saved my previous spell check/grammar corrections. I reopen the
document and it's asking me to correct the same things I've already corrected
the last time I viewed/worked on the document. how do I fix this so I'm not
repeatedly asked to recorrect things that I don't need/want to correct?

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am very sorry that you have encountered this kind of problem I understand how frustrating this problem can be. Just to verify your inquiry even if you to spell check and close out of the document it's still saying you have to make corrections when opening is this correct? Also once you have made the corrections do you save the documents right after you make the changes?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I make the corrections and then save the document. Once I reopen the document, the corrections have not been changed. This behavior happens to an existing document. I have even set the document for recheck to no avail. This behavior is not present on a new document.

I see, there may be something wrong with that document have you tried copying and pasting the test to a new word document and removing the old one? Also does this only happen to this one document?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just copied this document to a new Word file and the problem still persists. This behavior as far as I know is only happening to this particular document.

I see can you double check that with another document by chance? Also would you mind me doing a remote assistance session with you to see what is going on from here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Charles,

Your suggestion to copy the document set me on the right track. Instead of using Ctrl C, I highlighted the table document by clicking on the box in the left corner of the document. I then copied it and pasted it to a fresh Word document and tested the spelling on a few tables. This time around, the corrections were successful. I thank you for your help as your initial suggestion set me on the right path. Thank you.