Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

I use microsoft onenote 2013 for ipad . All my notes ive done

I use microsoft onenote 2013 for ipad . All my notes i've done in the last month have gone? how do i recover them . I recently updated onenote
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

There is an issue with the update, that loses the internal links, but the content should still be there.

Can you do the following please?

Connect your iPad with your PC (via USB), export your notebook to iTunes and save it to your local folder on PC. Unzip your notebook files.

You should be able to then open the missing notebooks on the computer.

Here is a guide on exporting them

Click Me to view

Can you let me know the results please?

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It doesn't allow me on iTunes to file share like you posted in the link
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
What stops you from doing this Robert?

Do you get an error?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no option in my iTunes that allows me to file share
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, if you do it this way Robert?

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No apps come up for file sharing ? Is one note a file sharing app?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
No it is not,

File Manager on the iPad

Click Me

Can you ge to the notebooks this way?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes that now let's me see it as a file sharing app, but it's obviously empty
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Its not a file sharing app, it lets you view the files on your iPad.

Can you search for your one note files please in the app.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has no results , does it automatically sync with one note?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
No, it is just a File Manager App, like Windows Explorer.

Is it showing you any files at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No , only if I create a new one on the app or it links via a cloud but its i already know they not on my Microsoft cloud
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, then it does not look like they are there and were wiped in the update.

We have one more option, but it requires you to purchase an App for $14.99

It is called Outline+

Click Me to View

Once installed, you can synch the Files to iTunes as in this overview

Click Me To view

But Robert, you should already see them in File Manager if they were there, and it really appears the update wiped them.

Nut you may consider this app, for backing up the Notes to your computer to avoid this inn the future.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok one more question , not all my notes were deleted though only my one from August so wouldn't my older ones show in the file manager?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Yes they would.

You have gone through all locations in file Manager?

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues