Ok, what were going to do is use a program called Revo Uninstaller to remove skype and all of its registery values. Then we will re install skype and that should take care of the issues your seeing.
Follow my steps below.
1. CLICK HERE
and download Revo Uninstaller When the page opens you will see a Green button on the left side (dont click the big green download button in the top center) it will say "Downlaod Now cnet installer enabled" and just above it it will say Revo unistaller
2. Once you have it instlaled open it
3. Once open in the center area all your apps are listed. Find Skype, Right click on it and choose Uninstall
4. When it asks what type of uninstall you want choose Advanced then click next
5. then it will perform the uninstall, once done click next
6. it will now scan for registery files and left over folders once done click next
7. ON this screen you will see what is left over, you will want to remove anything that is in BOLD put a check mark in the boxes next to bolded items and then click delete
8. Once deleted click Next and finish
Once this is done, Restart your computer and re install Skype,
Let me know if that does not resolve your issue. If it does please remember to rate my service today. If you have any questions about the download page for Revo let me know, you dont want to click on anything that is not the download button for Revo, they offer all sorts of other stuff you dont want on that page. I will kep an eye out for any responses.