Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

If anyone could help with this I would be so grateful I

If anyone could help with this I would be so grateful

I need to create an excel points template for a poker league.

I need to create the sheet as following:

1. There can be an infinite amount of players (let's say 200 for probability purposes)
2. 1st place winner - Player 1 = 10 times the amount of players (in this hypothetical its 200) so Player 1's points are 10 times 200
2. 2nd place winner - Player 2 = 9 times the amount of players (or 200)
3. 3rd place winner Player 3 = 8 times the amount of players (or 200)
etc. etc. etc.

4. 10th place winner Player 10 = 1 times 200
5. 11th place winner Player 11 = .5 times 200

Player 11 through Player 20 ALL get points of .5 times 200
Player 21 through Player 200 (or however many players, which again, in this hypothetical is 200) will all get 0 points

If anyone could help me out with this or point me in the right direction please let me know, I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX!

my personal email isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

which version of Excel are you using?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Excel 2010

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

I believe I have what you need.

Go to www.wikisend.com

Click download and use the File ID 319826

The second sheet you put the players names in

Then the prizes for points will calculate on the rules you specified here.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so on the second sheet I input player names

where do I input the points structure?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is in the formula already, on the first sheet in Column B

I did it based on what you said

eg: 10 times the amount of players

Or do you want to this be easily changeable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its 10 times the x amount of players (however many)

so i put in 200 (the hypothetical amount of players) in the column B?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I did it so you would ener all the players names in sheet 2 and it would calculate how many there are

But I see you just want to put in the amount of players, so I have constructed this sheet for you

You will see the cell to enter the amount of players

www.wikisend.com

FileID = 402228

Let me know if this is what you wanted please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so in the File 402228 can I add names next to those cells in order to see which player got 1st place etc.?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, no problem at all, you can add anything you wish to any of the Blank cells.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

...will it export to a table just showing the point and the players so that I can excel web app it into my website?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can export any of the data you wish in that sheet.

It will export to any compatible format eg: A Database table.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how can i export it as a database table so that people viewing it on the internet cannot change the information but only see their points?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a database created and a website running from this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not at the moment but that is where this information would go

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, yes you can when you have it set up.

The Excel Data would go into the database, and the webpage would read it. By default this is only read only. So unless you specifically set it up to have the data altered, the data cannot be changed by people viewing it online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you are brilliant...before I rate this as outstanding service is it possible to get in touch with you a later date if I need something else associated with this

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Of course!

You can send me any question you wish on my link below

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-richieme/

I would be happy to assist you further.

If you need anything else, please just let me know.

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues