John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ Yrs field experience with Microsoft software...

I have a new MacBrook Pro, my programs and applications were

I have a new MacBrook Pro, my programs and applications were transfered from an older MacBook. I am unable to receive any emails after July 1, 2013. I discovered with the help of a Microsoft customer representative that my entourage is oudated, Microsoft Office 2008 that I need at least a 2011 version. How do I update the Microsoft Office?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

I'm sorry to hear about your issue but it is indeed true that Entourage is discontinued and no longer supported on new Macs.

Sadly, in order to update to a new version of Office which includes the new MS mail application Outlook (this replaced Entourage) you will have to purchase an upgrade to "Office 2011 Home & Business". We are at Microsoft's mercy here.

This is available on disc OR direct download via Amazon in the US:

Once, installed. If you run Outlook it will set up your Email account for you (you must know your address and password). Afterwards, if your Entourage account database is on the new MacBook then you can import old email, and personal data, if needed.

Instructions for doing so are on the following web page under "Import from Entourage 2008 or Entourage 2004":

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this or other issues, please let me know.