Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am not able to get into Microsoft Outlook. I am on net. Netbank,

I am not able to get into Microsoft Outlook. I am on net. Netbank, windows, Exel are also ok, but I always get the answer: You may not link to Outlook. The server do not answer. The computer has Vista and Microsoft Office from 2003. What can I do?
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

When you go to Start => All Programs => Microsoft Office => MS Outlook 2003, what exactly is the error message that you are getting?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

"May not start Microsoft Office Outlook. May not open the window in Outlook. May not open files. Server is not awailable. take contact With the person who is risponsible for the system"

Hi Johan,

Thank you for writing back. Is this a "translated" version of the error message when you open MS Outlook?

Also, is this computer you are using in a corporate network? Or in your home network?

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. Translated from Norwegian. It must be near the right tekst. Do you want the masure in Norwegian?.

The computer is conected by cable to Telenor by broad-band. It is private and at home.

Hi Johan,

Thank you for writing back. Based on this error message and your version of MS Outlook, which is 2003, this problem is caused by the setting you selected when you installed MS Outlook 2003. Instead of providing the PATH, a filename was provided.

For instance, the filename was provided:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\%FILENAME%.PST

instead of just the PATH:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

To correct this problem, please do the following:
  1. Close your MS Outlook
  2. Click on Start => Control Panel
  3. Look for the "Mail" item in the list. If you cannot see the Mail item in the list, change your View by clicking on "Classic View"
  4. Then locate the Mail item there, and click to open it. Here is a sample screen shot:

5. When Mail Setup dialog box is open, click on Data Files button

6. Then you shall get the Account Settings dialog box you shall see your email folders, and the path to your PST files must be shown, like this screen shot below:

7. Now, do you see similar path there ending with .pst? If the line item you have there does not end with PST, then that is the cause of the problem. Click on the item called "Personal Folders" then click on Open File Location button. If that button is grayed out or non-clickable, click on ADD button instead.
  8. Then navigate or go to your actual PST file and it is normally located in this path:
    C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
  9. After specifying your PST file, the issue can then be resolved.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the information you need. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you have any other questions, please ask me or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I come to Control Panel, but no longer. I only have the tekst in Norwegian in my computer, so perhaps we have different information.

Do you think it will be better if you Call me some ltime?

Johan,

I am sorry but we do not provide phone support, so I cannot call you. Have you tried the procedures I gave you? When you went to Control Panel, have you seen the Mail icon or the Mail 32 icon? I posted a screen shot to help you further.

Please let me know.
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I open the fil C:users/Johan/AppData I get the information: Error, unknowen, cod 0x80040600.

What that mean?

Johan,

I means that you are not allowed to access the folder. By the way, please check if your current Windows user account is an administrator or not. Go to Control Panel => User Accounts. It will then list your user account there and see if it says "Administrator". Here is my screen shot:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Also, please follow the procedures in this link to set your Windows to SHOW hidden files and folders. In this way, you can access the contents of hidden folders like the AppData folder. Here is the link:

http://technicalforum.org/windows/how-show-hidden-files-windows-vista-and-7

Keep me posted.
Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have spent Lots of time to fix the problems, but I am not able to fix it. I do think I have to bring my PC to Someone's who wil be able to repair it. I have not time to spent more days for the troubles.
Thank you for the help you have given me. I go for Hollidays to Morrow. I will be back With more questions when i am back. Thank you.

Johan Hovdedalen

Hi Johan,

Thank you for writing back. Please present the procedures that I gave you to a local friend who can assist you in carrying out the steps. If there is a nearest repair shop, you can also send it there.

Please take your time. I am still here to assist you if you need more help in the future. You can request me directly, or you can post a new question "For jessmagz" so that I can help you immediately.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for helping me. I try again when I am back from hollyday. Perhaps a near friend will be able to give me a hand.

I will be back for Your guiding after few weeks.

JoH

Hi Johan,

Thank you for writing back. Yes, please take your time. I am here any time should you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Jess