Thank you for writing back. Based on this error message and your version of MS Outlook, which is 2003, this problem is caused by the setting you selected when you installed MS Outlook 2003. Instead of providing the PATH, a filename was provided.
For instance, the filename was provided:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\%FILENAME%.PST
instead of just the PATH:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
To correct this problem, please do the following:
- Close your MS Outlook
- Click on Start => Control Panel
- Look for the "Mail" item in the list. If you cannot see the Mail item in the list, change your View by clicking on "Classic View"
- Then locate the Mail item there, and click to open it. Here is a sample screen shot:
- When Mail Setup dialog box is open, click on Data Files button
- Then you shall get the Account Settings dialog box you shall see your email folders, and the path to your PST files must be shown, like this screen shot below:
- Now, do you see similar path there ending with .pst? If the line item you have there does not end with PST, then that is the cause of the problem. Click on the item called "Personal Folders" then click on Open File Location button. If that button is grayed out or non-clickable, click on ADD button instead.
- Then navigate or go to your actual PST file and it is normally located in this path:
- After specifying your PST file, the issue can then be resolved.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the information you need. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you have any other questions, please ask me or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.