NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I need assistance on a Excel VBA task. Specifically on how

Customer Question

I need assistance on a Excel VBA task. Specifically on how to read Text into Excel, format it to specific Excel output tables (I have a sample what the output should look like), then be flexible enough to handle changes (i.e. a test from another file) to the data in the text file. Please let me know where I need to send my text file and sample output file. Thanks.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Lindie

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm still waiting for assistance. I require help today on code writing VBA Reading in Text files to Excel and preparing them for presentation. I have the text file and sample output file of what the data should look like. I require a programmer that can code it so I can learn/teach myself the concept. Thanks!

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Rachel

Expert:  patrickdengler replied 3 years ago.
I think I can help you with this. I would need though both your sample data file, and your sample excel output.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Were is a good place to send my files so you can review? I have a txt, xlxs, and doc file with notes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No response from expert in 24 hours.

I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Lindie

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I need assistance and answer.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question. Please upload the files to wikisend:

http://bitli.es/WikiSend

When you do that, it will give you a link for each file you send. Just paste that here and I will download the files.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your request, I uploaded the files. Please contact me with any questions. I appreciate your assistance.

http://wikisend.com/download/893606/SDF.txt

http://wikisend.com/download/573754/Sample Output.xlsx

http://wikisend.com/download/304524/Read from Text.docx

Thank you. I will take a look at these now and take a look.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just following up...were you able to determine an answer? Thanks

I am having a little difficulty completing it. I am going to opt out so others Experts can take a look, but I will still work on it today. I just don't want to delay you in case it can be done more quickly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I'm not satisfied with this experience and repeated delays.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us; we are waiting on another professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. We appreciate your understanding!

Best,

Lindie

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Close the question. I'm not satisfied at all with the service. I want my money back.