jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12+ years experience in computer field.

excel 2013 tyring to add field to userform. Get message "Library

excel 2013 tyring to add field to userform. Get message "Library not registered"

How do I get rid of this error?

Hello Sir. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Please re-register Excel completely. If so, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that Excel is not running (exit the program).
    2. Press Windows Logo key and R key together, you will get open the Run command box as on the following image.

3. In the Open box, enter the full path name to your Excel program, followed by the /regserver switch. If the full path name includes spaces, surround the full path name by quote marks. The following is an example of what you can enter in the Open box (your path may be different):

"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe" /regserver

4. Click on OK button of the run command box.

5. Start Excel and check the result

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. Was able to run regservr By changing Office to Office15 but the library still is not registered.

The library is Misrosoft Forms 2.0 Object Library and when I click on it in References, then Click OK, close and reopen Excel it's unchecked.

What should I do?

Okay, close microsoft excel. Then right click on the shortcut of excel and select Run as Administrator to open it. Register MS Forms library again and check the result.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK! That worked. Now do I get EXcel to always automatically open as Administrator?

Yes, If you need to make some settings related change on Excel or any other programs, you need to run it as administrator. Otherwise system will not apply the change because of the security restrictions. For normal operations there is no need to run the program as administrator.

Happy to hear it worked. Now please give my answer a positive rating. Then only I will get paid for my time and efforts. A good bonus will make me more happy.