Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.

Please help.I have purchased Office 2013 from Microsoft.I

Please help. I have purchased Office 2013 from Microsoft. I have downloaded the product on several occasions however have not been able to install it. The error message that I receive is: "Something went wrong Office can't do that right now because your product is busy with another task. Please wait for this task to complete and try again" I wait, and nothing happens. I have no idea what task the product is busy with. Unfortunately I didn't order a disc. Please advise (in a simple way as I am 65 years old) on how I can get this loaded onto my computer. Regards XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

I would like to offer you a remote support session where I could connect to your computer and see if I can fix this for you.

Would you like to try that?

Please let me know so I can further assist.

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris

Yes I am happy to do this but you'll need to talk me through giving you remote access.

Please click on the link below and choose agree. Next you will need to download and run the connection utility. Make sure if anything pops up asking you to allow or run you choose to do so.

First, you can use office 2013 right through the online interface. (this is a new feature in 2013)

To do this just click on office online shortcut on your desktop.

Now the download is not working could be due to internet connection and I say this because I have done
everything possible on the computer.

The regular installer is not working and we have done every possible thing short of wiping your computer
to make it install.

Since you instead ordered a CD we will wait until that comes.

Try installing it yourself but if you have trouble reply back to me and we will continue.

Remember you will need your product key which is saved in the notes on your desktop.

You will need to enter those numbers during the installation.

If you have trouble just click on the link in your email from me (chris shores) which will return you back to the website and I will help you.

Thank you,