JohnTheExpert, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have 6+ years of desktop and network support. I've worked with multiple applications including all versions of MS office.

I have a mising word document file saved three but only two

Customer Question

I have a mising word document file saved three but only two are visible ? I need the third.
cheers A
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  JohnTheExpert replied 3 years ago.

Have you tried opening a new word document then click file --> save as. It should open the location the file was last saved in. Hopefully that will also be the location of the file you are looking for. in that save window you can look through and see if the file is there also change the file type drop down to doc and docx to be sure you are seeing all file types.

If you still cannot locate the file, let's take a look in the auto save location click this link c:\users\%username%\appdata\roaming\microsoft\word

in that folder you should see other folders with the file name you are looking for open the folder and there should be a file with the extension .asd change it to a .docx extension and open it. This might be the file you are looking for. If it doesn't open change it to a .doc extension

Let me know if neither option works and we can try some other options.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI I have had a look still cannot find the file, The link is not opening up.

which windows operating system are you using XP, 7 or 8?

Also which version of word , 2003, 2007, 2010 , 2013?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Word 12

ok, sorry about that. the link I sent was for windows vista, 7 or 8.

for xp you will need to navigate to this location using my computer c:\documents and settings\%username%\application data\Microsoft\word

%username% is the username you log into your pc with, for example I use "john"

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have cut and pasted this link in my computer c drive with user name but it says its wrong... ?

what about if you navigate folder by folder. so click into the c drive then documents and settings then your username then application data folder and so on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I havent gone through all... I am not really sure.

I have onlyy 30 mins so I may have to leave this now.

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m Rachel, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,