Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am running Microsoft office 2007 on windows 8 is this not

I am running Microsoft office 2007 on windows 8 is this not compatible
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

MS Office 2007 is compatible with Windows 8. This means that MS Office 2007 will install in your Windows 8, which I believe it is already installed. Is this correct?

Now, it seems that your problem is that you open a file in your MS PowerPoint and you are getting an error. Can you please tell me the exact error message that you got there?

One more thing, can you send the file that you tried to open in your PowerPoint to me? If this is possible, you can upload that file in this link below:

http://wikisend.com

No need to register in the wikisend.com site, just upload the file and then wait for the screen to show the download link or the 6-digit File ID. Then post the File ID or download link here when you reply so that I can download your file.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is installed the error I am getting is this app can not run on this pc to find a version for your pc check with the software publisher this is my daughters computer and she needs powerpoint for uni course work and assignments.

I am uploading the file now

Rhonda,

Thank you for writing back. Please do not forget to give me the 6-digit File ID or the download link after after uploading the file to wikisend. I can only get your file when you give me the file ID or download link.

I will standby here.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The file is downloaded the link is http://wikisend.com/download/320584/Dropbox
Rhonda,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Basically, the file that you sent to me is an EXE file. This means that it is NOT a PowerPoint file.

Do you have PowerPoint in your computer installed? If you have PowerPoint in your MS Office 2007, then please try to download this file:

http://wikisend.com/download/962076/Sample_PowerPoint_File.pptx

After downloading the file from the link above, open it and it shall open in your MS PowerPoint program if you already have installed it in your computer.

Also, when downloaded in your computer, the file shall show as a PowerPoint file with the PowerPoint icon like this screen shot:

Look at the icon with the orange "P", that indicates that it is a PowerPoint file. If your downloaded file there has that icon, that means that you have PowerPoint installed.

NNow, you can double click on that downloaded file and see if PowerPoint opens and loads the file.

Now, regarding the file you sent me, it is a software that you can install in your computer. It is called DropBox. If you are trying to INSTALL DropBox in your Windows 8 computer, please click on this link:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/dropbox/78b08472-168e-496e-a8f5-9601892da4fa

That is the correct version of DropBox for your Windows 8 computer.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the information you need. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you have any other questions, please ask me or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess