James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Microsoft 365 University updated and now will not open. All

Microsoft 365 University updated and now will not open. All shortcuts are no longer valid.
Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

So to Confirm you have office 365 installed and when you click on the shortcut nothing happens ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's actually Microsoft Office 365 University. A couple of days ago I got a popup saying that Office needed to update. I clicked 'ok' and since then nothing has worked. I can click on the shortcuts and they say the item has moved or is no longer valid. If I go to the main Windows 8 screen and double click the Excel or Outlook or Word box it just takes me back to my desktop.

Sorry for the slow reply....I can only check email on my breaks. :)

Thank you!

No problem

Id like to remote on and have a look

I can send you a link to connect when your ready and i can have a look at the issue
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm finally home! If you're able to call my number is XXXXX I will also monitor my email for your response.

Thank you,

Jeanna

Hi thanks

Phone contact is not reqiured

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=c09ef5b5-1d09-4476-ba00-8782bac09f1f

Click the Link above then

1) Click Join
2) Click Yes/Run/OK/Allow if asked
3) Click allow if asked by any Anti virus

Remote Fix cheers James

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello! After you worked on my Microsoft Office there was a window that showed the install status. It hit 94% and stopped. I watched it for an hour or so but it didn't move. A few hours later, I came back and the box was gone. Then, this morning I have a little pop up box that says "Office is installing in the background (94%). You can use your programs now, but please don't go offline or restart your computer." Does this mean it never finished last time or is it stuck?

Thank you so much!

Not a problem , office works and opens fine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went back to my downloads file and re ran the setup file. It's possible that when you started it last time my internet may have dropped so it didn't fully execute the process. Since running it again yesterday it seems to be running fine. Hopefully, this will fix the problem for good! haha

Thanks again for all your help!

Not a problem anytime